For anyone in the process of moving house or trying to live through a home extension, here’s a tip for easing the strain by renting a beautiful, fully equipped home from home for just a few weeks!
Moving house is among the top three most stressful things that most people ever experience. And for good reason! If you have ever moved house, you will know only too well that there are so many things that can go wrong, not least the chain breaking down, or the surveyor throwing a spanner in the works about the valuation. Moving dates often slip as buyers change their minds or lawyers find contract clauses they need to challenge. The last thing you need is to spend an indeterminate time with your belongings packed up around you, as everyone contrives to make the move as difficult as possible!
In addition, you may be moving to a property that requires a large amount of work to make it what you would consider “liveable”. Even if you are not actually moving house, there are times when major renovation or extension work to your existing property turns your lovely home into a survival zone!
Well, moving doesn’t have to be an endurance test. Each winter, we open our doors to families in just that situation who prefer to escape the trials and tribulations of expensive bridging loans, uncertainty, or living among building noise and rubble, to relax in a real Home from Home.
Wadhurst Castle Cottage in East Sussex, just a mile from Wadhurst rail station and with handy road access to main commuter routes, is a Visit England 4* awarded property sleeping 6 in 3 bedrooms. It has a family bathroom and an additional ground floor shower room, plus laundry facilities with washer and dryer.
The property enjoys spacious living and sleeping accommodation and has an enclosed garden suitable for children. Being part of a collection of Premier Cottages, the property is fully furnished, beautifully presented and equipped to an exceptionally high standard.
Here are some of the benefits of booking temporary accommodation at Wadhurst Castle Cottage:
- You will stay in a fully furnished, 3-bedroomed house equipped to an extremely high standard of furnishings and fittings
- There is no minimum term and only £100 deposit required (a traditional short term let is usually a minimum term of 6 months)
- Energy bills are included in the rental price – central heating/ lighting/ cooking and there are logs for the open fire
- Your dog is welcome to stay with you and does not need kennelling away from the family
- Free broadband internet access and an incoming telephone is included at no additional charge
- There is a private, enclosed walled garden with a lawn and cottage flowers tended by the estate gardeners
- The rental includes bed linen with a weekly bed change
- The owners are on hand to attend to any queries or maintenance required during your stay
The property is suitable for a family moving into the area and looking for a property to buy, or for families moving house where the timing of the sale and purchase is proving difficulty to coordinate. We have also provided temporary accommodation for local families whose main home is undergoing extensive renovation or an extension and who need to stay nearby for schools and the daily commute.
The accommodation comprises:
- Large living accommodation – sitting room with open log fire and elegant dining facilities
- Well equipped kitchen with fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, gas hob and electric fan oven
- Separate ground floor utility room with laundry facilities – washer, dryer – and shower/ hand basin/ WC
- 3 spacious bedrooms plus sleeping for an additional 2 if required, utilising a sofa bed in the sitting room
- Two of the bedrooms can be arranged as a king size bed or twins and the third has twin beds
- High chair and cot available (bedding not provided)
- Private, enclosed walled garden with lawn
So next time you are moving house, or need somewhere to stay for just a few weeks, don’t fear the worst, when you can let us take the strain and enjoy a real Home from Home!
Weekly lets from £560 per week.
Contact Fiona Whittington on 01892 785258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to book.