WADHURST CASTLE COTTAGE
Here are our principal booking terms and conditions.
- Wadhurst Castle Cottage sleeps up to six guests. There is also a sofa bed in the sitting room.
- All linen and towels are provided. If you are staying longer than seven nights, a change of linen and towels will be provided for every seven nights that you stay.
- A welcome pack is provided.
- A cot and high chair can be provided if requested.
- All weekly bookings commence on Fridays.
- Short breaks are available – changeovers on Mondays and Fridays.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the arrival time is 3.00 pm and the departure time is 10.00 am.
- A deposit of 25% of the total price is required at the time of booking. The balance must be paid eight weeks prior to the arrival date. If a booking is made within eight weeks of the arrival date, the whole price is payable immediately.
- Late cancellation insurance is recommended as the full cost will be payable in the event of a late cancellation.
- Payment in pounds GB can be made by cheque, banker’s draft, direct bank transfer or credit/debit card. A 2.29% surcharge will be added to card payments within the EU and 2.99% outside the EU.
- No smoking is permitted within the cottage or garden.
- Please contact us to discuss your requirements if any of your party is disabled. Wadhurst Castle Cottage is not suitable for wheelchair users because of narrow doorways.
- Your booking is subject to your agreeing to our terms and conditions. For on line bookings please ensure you read the terms and conditions and agree to them by ticking the relevant box. For all other bookings a copy of our terms and conditions, together with a booking form and invoice will be sent to you and should be returned, signed, together with your payment to confirm the booking.
- One large or two small well-behaved dogs are welcome. There is a surcharge of £25 per dog.
- Dogs must be booked in at the time of making your booking.
- Dogs are not allowed upstairs or on any furniture. There is a stairgate available
- All dog mess to be cleared up from the garden, car park and drive – poo bags provided
- Dogs may be walked around the Castle Estate – Please note there are sheep so they should be kept on a lead until you reach the woods and all gates must be shut.
- We do ask that your dog is clean before entering the cottage – dog towel provided.
- Please see “House Rules for Dogs” which must be abided by.
Guidance For Bringing Dogs
You are very welcome to bring your well-behaved dog, one large or two small, with you on holiday.
Dogs do need to be booked in and we charge £25 per dog per stay. As part of the booking you are required to sign the terms and conditions, which include your agreeing to adhere to our “House Rules for Dogs”.
We hope that you will find our cottage beautifully furnished and presented in an immaculately clean condition for you.
Our high cleaning standards ensure that guests without dogs can confidently stay in our cottage without detecting evidence of dogs. However, it would be almost impossible to maintain these high standards if our ‘House Rules for Dogs’ were not respected, so we appreciate your co-operation and consideration for others staying after you.
Here are our “House Rules for Dogs”:
- You need to let us know in advance if you are intending to bring your dog(s) (one large or two small). All dogs must be booked in by prior agreement at a charge of £25 per dog per stay. We do have a resident “Castle Cat” so please do not allow your dog to worry “Nell”.
- Dogs must be clean before entering the cottage – we do provide a dog towel.
- Dogs are not permitted on any furniture, ie. sofas and beds – even with covers applied, nor permitted upstairs. There is a stair gate available
- Your dog must not be allowed to cause any kind of nuisance to the neighbouring properties and should not be left alone in the cottage.
- Your dog must be at least 1 year old at the time of your holiday
- Please don’t let them use the lawns as toilets or the grass will spoil, and clean up after them in the garden, car park and driveway – poo bags are provided and a poo bin is outside the cottage.
- Dogs should be kept on a lead until you reach the woods. There are sheep in the fields so please ensure that all gates are shut after you. Electric fencing may be on so do be aware when walking through gateways
- The interior and grounds of the property must be left in a clean, undamaged condition. Please give the cottage a basic clean and remove as much of the dog hair as possible; if the cottage requires serious additional cleaning we will have to charge a £50 fee to cover the cost.
- The garden is enclosed so you can relax outside with your dog.
- There are some lovely walks in the area. As well as round the Wadhurst Castle Estate, we are close to many footpaths. Maps of local walks are in the cottage. Bewl Water and Bedgebury Forest are perfect places to take your dogs. The South Downs and Camber Sands are only ¾ hour drive away.
We hope you won’t need a vet when you’re here but if you do need one then we recommend:
Culverden Veterinary Group
Sparrows Green Road,
Wadhurst TN5 6SP
Wadhurst Pet Supplies – Everything you need for your dog just a 2 minute walk away
Castle Keep Business Centre,
High Sreet, Wadhurst TN5 6AH
Access Statement for Wadhurst Castle Cottage
The driveway to Wadhurst Castle Cottage is through an entrance with wrought iron railings and a lodge house on the left marked “private”. (Do not go down “Castle Walk” as there is no access to Wadhurst Castle Cottage.) Follow the drive round to the right and turn right just before the Castle Courtyard – signed “Castle Cottage” Go round to the left and then right over a gravel drive leading to a private gated garden with an uneven cobbled driveway in front of the cottage, where 2 cars may be parked. Sensor lights on the approach. The garden has a raised grass area to the left with flower beds and a herb garden under the kitchen window. There is a picnic table and chairs.
One step up into covered porch, with a log store, to door leading to hallway with vinyl flooring. To the left is the kitchen with small step to quarry tiled floor, to the right is the sitting room/dining room which is carpeted, and straight ahead is the utility room with w/c., basin, shower, washing machine and dryer with vinyl flooring.
Slightly left of the front door are the stairs leading to the first floor. The first two steps are lower than the other 8 steps. There is a half landing and a further 7 steps with handrail. The stairs, landing and bedrooms are all carpeted. At the top of the stairs to the right is the third bedroom with twin beds. To the left is the family bathroom with vinyl flooring, wash basin, wc and bath with shower over. Ahead is a further landing with the second bedroom off to the right with king or twin beds and straight ahead is the master bedroom with king or twin beds.